Middle East Chemicals MEC was established in 1975 as a limited liability company. It is the first privately owned company distributing pharmaceutical products in Egypt. After more than two decades of state monopoly imposed by the late Nasser regime, the company structure called for developing an exclusive sales force for each of the largest pharmaceutical companies at that time. In addition,
MEC is also engaged in direct distribution coverage through the respective dedicated sales force. MEC offers its customers exclusive and extra-ordinary services compared to that offered by any other distributor.
Our manufacturing site area is approximately 17000 meter square. Located at kilo 28 Cairo- Alexandria road, Abou Rawash Zone. Plant occupation area is approximately 4000 meter square. And warehousing areas approximately “4500 meter square”.
Coverage & Resources
- Actual 2020 LE 4 billion (US$255 Million)
- Manufacturing of personal care products (Ingram)
- Distribution network in the regions (6 regions & 11 branches)
- Plan 2021 LE 7 billion (us $446 Million)
- Planned HC 1,400 employees
Our Core Business
- Middle East Chemicals MEC was established in 1975 as a limited liability company.
- MEC is involved in local manufacturing of personal care products including shaving cream, shaving gel, shaving foam, after shave and cologne.
- The Company also offers principal contract packing arrangements including filling of toothpastes, creams, lotions, shampoos, splashes and gels.
- The plant Site area is 17000 meter square at kilo 28 Cairo- Alexandria road, Abou Rowash Zone.
- Plant occupation area is approximately 4000 meter square. And warehousing areas approximately “4500 meter square”.